Back to School 2020
Back to School at Ecole du Samedi
Fall Semester Plans
Priority to Health and Safety for the Ecole du Samedi community
The recent spikes in the spread of the Covid 19 virus have caused us to reconsider our original date to come back on our campus. We have determined that in order to best serve and protect our students and their families it will be best to start the school year in a virtual mode and delay our return to campus until October 24. As you know Ecole du Samedi is not just a community. It is also a family and we value above anything else the health and safety of all the members of our family and this commitment is the driving force behind our decision.
- During the first six-weeks of the year, high quality student learning at Ecole du Samedi will be delivered in our Virtual School environment using Google Meet and the SeeSaw platform for the younger students. Parents will receive a step by step guide to these new tools before the start of the school year. In addition, our younger learners will benefit from a new approach integrating music, language and puppets. We will also continue to work with AIS and other French language schools around the country to improve our existing protocol.
- When we return to campus Ecole du Samedi will offer both face to face instruction and remote learning.
We strongly feel that this adjustment to our initial strategy will provide the best learning environment for our students while preserving the safety of our community.
Policies and Protocol
when we return to campus
|Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, CM, College||New Building or Black Top Area||Yes|
|Maternelle, Kindergarten, CP, CE||New Building or Black Top Area||Yes|
|Bout'chous, Bébé et Moi||New Building||Yes|
Implementation of staggard and arrival schedule.
|Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, CM, College||9:00 - 9:15||9:15||11:45|
|Maternelle, Kindergarten, CP, CE||9:15 - 9:30||9:30||12:00|
|Bébé et Moi Group 1||9:45 - 10:00||10:00||10:50|
|Bout'chous Group 1||9:45 - 10:00||10:00||10:50|
|Bébé et Moi Group 2||10:45 - 11:00||11:00||11:50|
|Bout'chous Group 2||10:45 - 11:00||11:00||11:50|
● Please pay attention to your designated drop off times and locations. Arrival and pick up will be staggered to avoid students interacting with other groups on campus.
● Students and parents must remain six feet apart when arriving on campus.
● All students and teachers will be screened for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to classes. Screening includes a symptom questionnaire and temperature check.
● If a screened individual answers “yes” to any of the questions, they will not be permitted on campus for a 14 day period. If an individual has a temperature higher than 99 F, they must leave.
● Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance and students, teachers and staff will be required to use it whenever they enter the building.
● Recess: Recess will be replaced by a 15 minute break in the room (videos and snack) or outside based on a rotation of grades in assigned locations. Parents will be asked to provide a mask for their student.
● While on campus students, staff and parents will be required to wear a mask.
● Classes will be restricted to designated areas and will not interact with students and teachers from the other classes.
● Ecole du Samedi will follow the protocols set in place by AIS in each classroom and activities will be planned to maximize social distance between individuals at all times
● Students, teachers and staff must wear non-medical grade face masks.
● Students and teachers must complete and return the WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19 form before beginning classes. Parents will complete the waiver/release for their children.
CLICK HERE for a detailed account of the COVID-19 protocols being observed at Ecole du Samedi including the protocols listed below
Note: Ecole du Samedi reserves the right to change protocols and/or cancel on-campus classes and switch to virtual classes or a hybrid model with both virtual and on campus classes as the public health situation dictates