Back to School 2020
Back to School at Ecole du Samedi
Fall Semester Plans
Priority to Health and Safety for the Ecole du Samedi community
The recent spikes in the spread of the Covid 19 virus have caused us to reconsider our original date to come back on our campus. We have determined that in order to best serve and protect our students and their families it will be best to start the school year in a virtual mode and delay our return to campus until October 24. As you know Ecole du Samedi is not just a community. It is also a family and we value above anything else the health and safety of all the members of our family and this commitment is the driving force behind our decision.
- During the first six-weeks of the year, high quality student learning at Ecole du Samedi will be delivered in our Virtual School environment using Google Meet and the SeeSaw platform for the younger students. Parents will receive a step by step guide to these new tools before the start of the school year. In addition, our younger learners will benefit from a new approach integrating music, language and puppets. We will also continue to work with AIS and other French language schools around the country to improve our existing protocol.
- When we return to campus Ecole du Samedi will offer both face to face instruction and remote learning.
We strongly feel that this adjustment to our initial strategy will provide the best learning environment for our students while preserving the safety of our community.
Policies and Protocol
when we return to campus
|Classes||Entry and Exit Points||Temperature Check|
|Kindergarten – Beginners – Intermediate – Advanced|
Maternelle – CP – CE – CM - Collège
|Black Top Area||Yes|
|Bébé et Moi - Boutchous||New Building||Yes|
Implementation of staggered and arrival schedule
|Classes||Arrival on Campus||Class Starts at||Class Ends at|
|Beginners - Intermediate - Advanced |
CP - CE - CM - Collège
|Maternelle - Kindergarten||9:15:9:30||9:30||12:00|
|Bébé et Moi||9:15:9:30||9:30||10:30|
● Please pay attention to your designated drop off times and locations. Arrival and pick up will be staggered to avoid students interacting with other groups on campus.
● Students and parents must remain six feet apart when arriving on campus.
● All students and teachers will be screened for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to classes. Screening includes a symptom questionnaire and temperature check.
● If a screened individual answers “yes” to any of the questions, they will not be permitted on campus for a 14 day period. If an individual has a temperature higher than 99 F, they must leave.
● Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance and students, teachers and staff will be required to use it whenever they enter the building.
● Recess: Recess will be replaced by a 15 minute break in the room (videos and snack) or outside based on a rotation of grades in assigned locations. Parents will be asked to provide a mask for their student.
● While on campus students, staff and parents will be required to wear a mask.
Ecole du Samedi Covid 19 protocol updates
Communication with parents
We would only contact you directly to quarantine your child, if your child had been in close proximity (within 6’ for more than 15 minutes) of someone who had developed symptoms while on campus.
Parents communication with school
During Substantial and Moderate mitigation when a positive result, or assumed positive result is obtained, all persons who have been within close contact with the individual 48 hours prior to the day symptoms appeared, will be notified and will be required to self-quarantine for 14-days.
In order to achieve to implement this measure we ask parents to notify us right away in the event their child is in this situation.
Parents must complete the screening information in the Health Questionnaire and turn in a signed copy every Saturday in order for their child to be accepted on campus.
Classroom safety precaution update
An additional safety precaution you may not be aware of is our placement of air purifiers in each office, classroom, and conference room at AIS. The air purifiers have Dual Air Intakes and two filters. The Merv-13 Filters achieve 99.9% particle removal. The purifier cleans a room up to 1,000 sq ft in one hour, 500 sq ft in 30 minutes, 250 sq ft in 15 minutes (CADR 250)
● Classes will be restricted to designated areas and will not interact with students and teachers from the other classes.
● Ecole du Samedi will follow the protocols set in place by AIS in each classroom and activities will be planned to maximize social distance between individuals at all times
● Students, teachers and staff must wear non-medical grade face masks.
● Students and teachers must complete and return the WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19 form before beginning classes. Parents will complete the waiver/release for their children.
CLICK HERE for a detailed account of the COVID-19 protocols being observed at Ecole du Samedi including the protocols listed below
Note: Ecole du Samedi reserves the right to change protocols and/or cancel on-campus classes and switch to virtual classes or a hybrid model with both virtual and on campus classes as the public health situation dictates